PLEASE POST WIDELY
WHAT: The goal of this program is to teach WGS introductory courses to local communities (at local bookstores, adult learning centers, community centers, women’s groups, etc.), in order to introduce people to, and teach people about WGS.
WHY: Equity in education is essential part of the fight to end sexism, racism, and homophobia. We believe Women and Gender Studies Courses are an integral part of that education. For more reasons see our pamphlet, website, or call one of us and we will rhyme them off to you!
COURSE CONTENT: The WGS course would be an introductory level course. The course could also be tailored to suit your specific audience and include a focus on issues you would like addressed (domestic violence, immigrant women’s issues, women and the media, LGBTQ, etc).
The nuts and bolts:
- A qualified Professor, PhD student, Masters Student, would teach the course or other person (made at your suggest) qualified to teach.
- The course would be 1 to 2 hours long.
- It would probably be held in the evening at a time best suited for the largest number of people (afternoon times are an option).
- The WGS course could be a one-time-thing or could continue on a regular basis depending on how it goes!
- The Miss G_ Project and your group would join in advertising and finding a place to host the course.
- The course could be taught to as little as two people to as many as hundreds!
- The course can also be taught in French, Spanish, or any other language we can find a prof to teach in.
Please contact us if you are interested in partnering with the Miss G_ Project in hosting a WGS community course! Help us end sexisms, racism, and homophobia through education!
Contact Lara Shkordoff at: laranicole70 at gmail dot com, or themissgproject at gmail dot com, or by phone at 416 568 5071.